Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 7 - Nothing

Nothing
(Jaquith, 2012)

I’ve got nothing today
Absolutely nothing of interest to say
My mind is void
Colourless and empty
The neurons refuse to fire
No depolarization, action potentials unattainable
Neurotransmitters happily resting in their vesicles
And the few that are floating around
Appear to have missed their mark
I had a coffee today
So it’s not a lack of caffeine that is driving my nothing
The vivid colours of yesterday have
As if sucked into a black hole of inspiration
Moved on to a place unknown
They say a black hole is beautiful in its intense hunger
It appears there is one in the room, but I can’t see it
So the best I can come up with today
Is a simple rhyme
Which I have used already
That will have to suffice
Perhaps they will return to me
Emerging from the void
Words of inspiration and character
Each placed in order
Telling a tale
And singing their song.

No comments:

Post a Comment