Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 10 - Waiting for Me

Challenge, Day 10: Take an opening line from another poet and incorporate it into something new.  Today I am borrowing the opening line from The Road Not Take by Robert Frost.

Waiting for Me
(Jaquith, 2012)

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
I would turn around, if only I could

One labeled “sorrow” and the other one “pain”
I’ve been here before, and here I remain

One leads to riches and the other to loss
Here’s hoping that somewhere they cross

The rain is falling, so soon I must choose
To the right or the left, what’s there to loose?

But the wolfs may be waiting, hiding in the trees
What’s around the corner, nobody sees

She said that she loved me; that never changed
We’ll move on together, a life rearranged

It’s just through these woods, not far to go
The answer to my journey, only I will know

At the end you are standing, waiting for me
Put your arms around me ... please set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment