Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 11 - NaPoWriMo 2013 – Baby shoes


Day 11 - NaPoWriMo 2013 – Baby shoes

Baby shoes
(Jaquith 2013)

Candlelight flickers
The faint smell of the open wood stove in the kitchen
The clinking of dishes
The laughter of happy diners

What the hell is that woman wearing?
Definitely looking for a little something tonight
That guy has to be in his 60s
Money will buy you somethings

Fine foods
Fine wine
And a beautiful woman sitting across from me
Playing with her earrings and chattering on about her busy day

I can’t believe that f’n guy did it to me again
Every detail, mapped out, coasted to the penny
$125,000 in consultant’s fees
Two red eye overnighters to the back end of the other side of the world
He had the numbers 2 weeks ago
He didn’t even look at them …

“Are you listening to me?”
“Of course my love.”
“Oh no your not.  I don’t think you heard a word I said.”

Ah, fake it or get caught in a lie?
50:50
Better odds than getting this project into production
What’s the point in having a bonus if its going to get ...

“Ah, yah … I heard you”
“What was I talking about?”
“New shoes, I’m certain there was something in there about new shoes …”
“You’re an ass!”

Good thing she’s still smiling
Safety play

“I love you … ?”

That usually get’s me out a jam - focus
I’m sure that asshole lives alone with his mother
Who the hell would love an ass like that?
F’n guy!

“You better.  I told you I love you too, but I think you missed that part.”
“Oh no, I caught that part.  But you were definitely talking about new shoes.  Where we going?”
“God! Yes, shoes.  Little ones.  Maybe some new paint and furniture too.”
“Yah, the paper in the spare room is getting a little nasty.”

Habs playing tonight?
Can’t see the TV from here
I’ll go take a look after we order
Focus …

“Yes.  Little shoes.  You know...?  God you’re dense.  The kind of little shoes you might buy for a baby.  You know, baby shoes.”

Hun? This isn’t going to end well
Her sister can’t be pregnant again
Catholics.  I hate that guy and his I’m so this and that
Ah man, someone scored

“You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?  Didn't they teach you anything in that fancy school of yours?  A baby moron … you’re baby.”

“Would you like something to drink before ordering Sir?”

Ahh … yah ... what did we order last time?
Baby ... shoes ... new paint … oh man!

“Yes Sir! Two Shirley Temples! But make mine a double!”



No comments:

Post a Comment