Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 9 – NaPoWriMo 2013 – A voice for the Next Age


Day 9 – NaPoWriMo 2013 – A voice for the Next Age

I’m a little behind my friends.  Life takes its own path.  I will catch up for you.

A Voice for the Next Age
(Jaquith 2013)

She said, “ Come to bed.”
But I had something important to do
I needed to know what you where up to
I know your name, I’ve seen your face
That counts for something

The days slip away
And I loose you more and more
Confused by all that surrounds me
The “smoke and mirrors” of a life
Made for my consumption

Call me coach, mentor, leader
The man you want me to be
But who remains?
What do they want
And where will I find
Enough to fill their vision of me?

Lost and lonely in my head
Needed by all I find
A never-ending hunger
It feeds upon itself
Leaving nothing for me

Find me in this carosel of fools
Find me my solid ground
Finding me a voice
A voice clear and near
A voice that holds the test of time
A voice for the coming age.

No comments:

Post a Comment