Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 1 - NaPoWriMo 2013 - Just Don’t



Day 1 - NaPoWriMo 2013


And so the insanity, therapy for some, begins again. No themes this year, just what ever comes to mind.  Maybe there will be a decent musing or two by the end. Enjoy.

Just Don’t

(Jaquith 2013)

She smiles at me
That silly little smile
That says she knows
What I’m all about

She holds me for a while
She finally makes me smile
She says its OK to cry
She gives me reason to try

The hurt will never change
Nothing left to rearrange
So many reasons here to care
Yet I spiral, gasping for air

Where would I have gone?
And what would I have lost?
Tell me there’s something more
Don’t make me count the cost

Just don’t make me count the cost

She smiles at me again
That silly little smile
That brings me to myself
To the man I need to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment